The Importance of Training

Before starting the Witnessing Church, I realized that many evangelistic series were not been successful. Why? Members had involvement issues. For several reasons. They were afraid, lack self-confidence, felt no one has ask them and some have admitted they don't have the training.


I have learned that most members were giving bible studies they were not familiar with and lost many bible study interest because of that. We are told that “Many would be willing to work if they were taught how to begin. They need to be instructed and encouraged.” - Christian Service, p. 59

It was then that the "The Witnessing Church" was born. Since then I have been training churches all over the United States, the Carribeans including Belize in Central America. As an evangelist I make it my duty to train the elders as well as bible workers in doing follow-ups during and after the evangelistic series.

With my wife by my side as a nurse we visit missing members and their families, the sick which in their home is offered prayer as well as water treatment to break the fever which brings about healing and it's through medical missionary work we can reach the sick. This is how the people will listen to every word that comes from the mouth of God. We are told to “Carry the Word of God to every man’s door.” Christian Service, p. 144


I thank God for the training I received at Amazing Facts College of Evangelism in Roseville California. I would recommend this school to anyone interested in being a bible worker, trainer, evangelist, minister or just to strengthen your walk with the Lord.

God has given me the privilige of being a conference bible worker, colportuer as well as a evangelist and have traveled throughout the United States, Europe and Central America. If I'm not preaching you'll usually find me training churches and preparing them for outreach. We must not abandon the vision.

And we must not forget our young people. I believe young people find church boring because we do not train them and activate them for service both in the church and in our communities. Just about every young person I have encouraged to go on mission trips come back with a vision to do more for Jesus. You'll also find they want to go back again and again.

We are Adventist looking for the second coming of Christ. So let's get our churches not be ashame of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Let's not forget the impressive dream that Ellen White had:

“In the visions of the night a very impressive scene passed before me. I saw an immense ball of fire fall among some beautiful mansions, causing their instant destruction. I heard some one say, "We knew that the judgments of God were coming upon the earth, but we did not know that they would come so soon." Others, with agonized voices, said, "You knew! Why then did you not tell us? We did not know!" On every side I heard similar words of reproach spoken.” - Christian Service, p. 111.3

You will find on my Blog page ideas, and where to find tools to help you become a witness in this world. Remember we can't win everyone, but through Christ we can sure win anyone who will answer as Christ knock on their hearts door through us. There is no power within us to save souls, but we are His instruments used by God through the power of His Holy Spirit.

So check back from time to time and experience the power of a Witnessing Church. Before you go I would like share a qoute from a favorite author of mine and you will find her quotes among others as I share with you ideas to become successful soul winners. I am available to you by email if you have questions I can be contacted at mark5verse19@gmail.com. Let me share this quote.

The work of winning souls to Christ demands careful preparation. Man cannot enter the Lord’s service without the needed training, and expect the highest success. . . . The architect will tell you how long it took him to understand how to plan a tasteful, commodious building. And so it is in all the callings that men follow.


Should the servants of Christ show less diligence in preparing for work infinitely more important? Should they be ignorant of the ways and means to be employed in winning souls? It requires a knowledge of human nature, close study, careful thought, and earnest prayer, to know how to approach men and women on the great subjects that concern their eternal welfare.–Gospel Workers, p. 92. (1915)


If you have any questions or want to make a comment please jot me a line and to help support our non-profit ministry, purchase a copy of my book from Amazon.com here you will find more resources for witnessing or visit our website at www.witnessingchurch.com .